The 2013 Southeast Horn Workshop is pleased to welcome the following exhibitors and vendors:
- Allegro Music Sales
- Method books, solos, duets, trios, quartets, brass quintets, woodwind quintets and chamber music.
- Atkinson Brass & Company
- A division of buildahorn.com. Custom horns, mouthpieces, quality repair and parts supply.
- Balu Musik
- Custom horns, mutes and horn cases.
- Brass Arts Unlimited
- Horn sales and service, including consignments, as well as Brass Arts Unlimited Publications.
- Buffet Group Wind Instruments
- Buffet Group is the leading manufacturer of wind instruments, including horns by Hans Hoyer and hunting horns by Meinl Weston.
- Cantesanu Horns
- Custom horns, leadpipes, mouthpieces, repairs and customizations.
- Manufacturer of double horns and accessories. Brands include C.G. Conn and Holton.
- Faust Music
- Your source for the music of Randall E. Faust.
- Finke Horns
- World-class custom horns.
- Hickey’s Music Center
- Sheet music for horn from publishers around the world—including methods, solos, ensembles and chamber music—as well as musical accessories.
- Technique that works.
- Custom products and horns from Atkinson, Finke, Hoyer, Hunter, W. Nirschl, and Willson.
- Houghton Horns
- Providing the highest quality instruments and accessories for the discerning hornist. Our company is owned and operated by a family of horn players, so you can be certain that we know and understand the horn world. Whether you are a professional, aspiring student or a horn enthusiast, we are confident that our product line and customer service will suit your needs.
- Iltis Dämpfer Mitt
- The original French horn mute holder.
- Medlin Horns
- Custom handmade horns in the tradition of Carl Geyer.
- Osmun Music
- Mouthpieces, accessories, and horns by Alexander, Finke, Hoyer, and Schmid
- RM Williams Publishing
- Music for horn and horn in chamber settings.
- Siegfried’s Call
- We import, sell and distribute hand crafted horns made in Germany. We are dealers of Dieter Otto, Lewis & Dürk, Dürk Horns, and Hans Hoyer, and we import and distribute the JoyKey. We also buy and sell used instruments. Our repair shop caters to the discerning musician.
- Pope Instrument Repair
- EVERYTHING HORN! Ricco Kühn, Lewis & Dürk, Hoyer… and lots more.
- Wichita Band Instrument Company
- Horns by Paxman, Alexander, Englebert Schmid, Conn, Holton and others; accessories from Alexander and Paxman, including flippers, adjustable pinky hooks and PHC mouthpieces; high-quality repairs and modifications; and we also buy and sell horns.
The Southeast Horn Workshop is a regional workshop of the International Horn Society typically with the highest attendance of all the regional workshops. Expect attendence by many college students eager to purchase music and accessories and looking to make major equipment upgrades in the near future. Also expect a good number of adult amateur players, professionals, educators, and younger students. Blocks of the workshop schedule, in addition to meal breaks, will be provided exclusively for visiting exhibits.
Anticipated exhibit hours (subject to change) will be:
|Saturday||9 a.m.–12:30 p.m., 1:30–6 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m.–12:00 p.m.|
Crews to help exhibitor setup will be available Thursday night from 6–9 p.m. and Friday morning from 8 a.m.–1:30 p.m. Crews to assist in tear down will be available 12–3 p.m. on Sunday.
Each exhibitor receives one free registration for all workshop activities. All exhibitors will have free access to evening concerts. Additional vendor representatives may register for $65 until January 15, or $70 after January 15.
Exhibitors will have display space located in the lower level of the Singleton Center for Performing Arts or on the first floor of the James Black Music Center. Practice rooms for equipment trials are located in both buildings. Security of exhibit rooms will be maintained during all times exhibits are closed; exhibitors are expected to be present at their tables during all posted exhibit hours. Signs may not be mounted to exhibit room walls. Hallway signs directing attendees to exhibit rooms will be posted by the host.
Per the fire code at Virginia Commonwealth University, open flames are not permitted in any room of any building at any time.
Water for horn cleanings
There will not be access to a high-volume water supply and water disposal.
Cell phone reception, Wi-Fi and electric power
Cell phone reception is sporadic at best in the lower level of the Singleton Center. All exhibitor rooms are equipped with wireless internet access. Electrical outlets are available if required.
The rental fee will be $20 per table requested, four tables maximum. (four tables = $80, two tables = $40, etc.) All tables will be 6 feet long by 30 inches wide. Use of personally-owned tables will not be possible.
If you must ship cartons of product ahead of time, arrange for them to arrive on March 6 or 7. Cartons will be stored unopened in a secure location in the Singleton Center for Performing Arts. Our address for shipping couriers is:
Dr. Patrick Smith
922 Park Avenue
Richmond, VA 23284
Please arrange for return shipping before you arrive, or bring equipment necessary to print your own return shipping labels. VCU Music will not be responsible for, and cannot guarantee the security of, any items not shipped after March 12, 2013.
Parking and loading
Parking and loading information will be available at a later date.
All confirmed exhibitors will be advertised free on the Southeast Horn Workshop website. Please reciprocate and advertise our workshop on your own website.
Advertisers may purchase space in the Workshop program booklet. The booklet will be sized 8.5 × 5.5 in. (215 × 139 mm). All ads will be printed in black & white. E-mail ads in a high-quality electronic format to Patrick Smith no later than February 8, 2013. Low resolution ads will be rejected.
Program Ad Rates:
- Full Page: 7.5 in. tall × 4.5 in. wide (190 × 114 mm)
- Half Page: 3.625 in. tall × 4.5 in. wide (92 × 114 mm)
Mail checks payable to “VCU Music” to:
Dr. Patrick Smith
PO Box 842004
Richmond, VA 23284