The 2016 Southeast Horn Workshop is pleased to welcome the following exhibitors and vendors:
- Allegro Music Sales
- Method books, solos, duets, trios, quartets, brass quintets, woodwind quintets and chamber music.
- Balu Musik
- Custom horns, mutes and horn cases.
- Brass Arts Unlimited
- Horn sales and service, including consignments, as well as Brass Arts Unlimited Publications.
- Finke Horns
- World-class custom horns.
- Custom products and horns from Antigua, Atkinson, Finke, Hoyer, and Willson.
- Houghton Horns
- Providing the highest quality instruments and accessories for the discerning hornist. Our company is owned and operated by a family of horn players, so you can be certain that we know and understand the horn world. Whether you are a professional, aspiring student or a horn enthusiast, we are confident that our product line and customer service will suit your needs.
- Lukas Horns
- Osmun Music
- Mouthpieces, accessories, and horns by Alexander, Finke, Hoyer, and Schmid
- Patterson Hornworks
- Custom horns, expert upgrades & modifications, factory horns & accessories, service & repair.
- Pope Instrument Repair
- EVERYTHING HORN! Ricco Kühn, Lewis & Dürk, Hoyer… and lots more.
- Siegfried’s Call
- We import, sell and distribute hand crafted horns made in Germany. We are dealers of Dieter Otto and Hans Hoyer, and we import and distribute the JoyKey. We also buy and sell used instruments. Our repair shop caters to the discerning musician.
- Wichita Band Instrument Company
- Horns by Paxman, Alexander, Englebert Schmid, Conn, Holton and others; accessories from Alexander and Paxman, including flippers, adjustable pinky hooks and PHC mouthpieces; high-quality repairs and modifications; and we also buy and sell horns.
The Southeast Horn Workshop is a regional workshop of the International Horn Society typically with the highest attendance of all the regional workshops. Expect attendance by many college students eager to purchase music and accessories and looking to make major equipment upgrades in the near future. Also expect a good number of adult amateur players, professionals, educators, and younger students. Blocks of the workshop schedule, in addition to meal breaks, will be provided exclusively for visiting exhibits.
Anticipated exhibit hours (subject to change) will be:
|Friday||9 a.m.–12 p.m., 1–5 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m.–12 p.m., 1–5 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m.–12:00 p.m.|
Crews to help exhibitor setup will be available Thursday night and Friday morning. Crews to assist in tear down will be available on Sunday.
Exhibitor fees include free registration for all workshop activities, including evening concerts.
Exhibitors will have display space located in the Instrument Rehearsal Hall, first floor of the Blair building. A quiet display room will be located on the second floor. Practice rooms for equipment trials are located on all three floors. Security of exhibit rooms will be maintained during all times exhibits are closed; exhibitors are expected to be present at their tables during all posted exhibit hours. Signs may not be mounted to exhibit room walls. Hallway signs directing attendees to exhibit rooms will be posted by the host.
Per the fire code, open flames are not permitted in any room of any building at any time.
Water for horn cleanings
There will not be access to a high-volume water supply and water disposal.
Wi-Fi and electric power
All exhibitor rooms are equipped with wireless internet access. Electrical outlets are available if required.
The rental fees will be $40 per exhibit. There will not be an extra table charge. Use of personally-owned tables will not be possible.
If you must ship cartons of product ahead of time, arrange for them to arrive on March 9 or 10. Cartons will be stored unopened in a secure location. Our address for shipping couriers is:
Blair School of Music
2400 Blakemore Ave
Nashville, TN 37212
Please arrange for return shipping before you arrive, or bring equipment necessary to print your own return shipping labels. Vanderbilt University will not be responsible for, and cannot guarantee the security of, any items not shipped after March 15, 2016.
Parking and loading
The Blair School of Music has a small loading dock at the back of the school. Student workers and hand trucks will be made available to the day before, the first day and for loadouts. Please inform us of your needs and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.
All confirmed exhibitors will be advertised free on the Southeast Horn Workshop website. Please reciprocate and advertise our workshop on your own website.
Advertisers may purchase space in the Workshop program booklet. The booklet will be sized 8.5 × 5.5 in. (215 × 139 mm). All ads will be printed in black & white. E-mail ads in a high-quality electronic format to Leslie Norton no later than February 15, 2016. Low resolution ads will be rejected.
Program Ad Rates:
- Full Page: 7.5 in. tall × 4.5 in. wide (190 × 114 mm)
- Half Page: 3.625 in. tall × 4.5 in. wide (92 × 114 mm)
Payment for program ads can be made at the time of exhibitor registration.